The Melondrea Ads is a nasty computer infection that is categorized as an adware infection, and attacks the windows based computers secretly. Once entered, the Melondrea Ads infection starts performing illegal activities, and aggressively take control of your browser. It presents itself as a useful application that improves the quality of your browsing by providing additional tools, but in reality this is nothing more than a trap that is designed to take control of your browsing. It claimed to provide a range of services from comparing the prices, to search something on the internet, however, these claims are nothing more than a trick to attract people. This malicious application distributed through freeware download, spam emails, and social media. Once installed, this nasty adware start generating traffic on the affiliate sites to make money from pay per click programs. Besides that, the hackers also use the Melondrea Ads infection for other commercial purposes like promoting some unknown products to make money from commissions.
Removal of Melondrea Ads
Once you are able to found this adware infection on your computer, you have to remove the Melondrea Ads as a top priority. You have a choice to remove this virus by using any reliable automatic tool which is the recommended method for the novice as well as average computer users. The manual removal is a bit complicated and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must boot the system in the safe mode before going through the steps of the manual removal process. Restart the PC, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options menu. Choose the safe mode option from the list, and press the Enter key to access the safe mode of your computer.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode successfully, you have to remove the associated processes of the Melondrea Ads. In this regard, you have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background. Remove the following suspicious processes one by one with the help of the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Access the system files folder through file explorer, and get rid of the following files associated with the Melondrea Ads:-
- %Desktopdir%\Melondrea Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Melondrea Ads\Melondrea Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, do not forget to clean the windows registry. In this regard, access the registry editor by running the “regedit” command through the start menu, and remove the following associated entries of the Melondrea Ads before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Melondrea Ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Melondrea Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Melondrea Ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Melondrea Ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Melondrea Ads\DisplayName Melondrea Ads
Reboot the system in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan through the updated version of any reliable antivirus software.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic MELONDREA ADS removal Tool.
This is most safe and easy method. Download MELONDREA ADS Removal Tool to automatically remove MELONDREA ADS and its related files.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the MELONDREA ADS,do submit your comments to get clarified.