The Media Player 3.1 ads is a dangerous adware program that can disturb your routine browsing, and can cause permanent damage to your system. This malicious application can also cause you the monetary loss. This infection arrives in the system through spam emails, and downloading freeware. This is a fake application that claims to enhance your experience of watching YouTube videos, but actually the purpose of developing this adware infection is to take the control of your browsing, and display the targeted ads on your screen while surfing on the web. This malicious application is capable of tracking your private information such as credit card numbers, and email passwords. These confidential details are then used in the online scams, and cyber frauds. This nasty adware needed to be removed as soon as you find it on your system.
Manual Removal of Media Player 3.1 ads
After detecting the Media Player 3.1 ads adware on the system, you are required to remove this infection by using an effective removal method. There are different methods available to delete this nasty infection, and you can select one according to the level of your expertise. Apart from automatic removal methods, you can remove this virus manually by using the following set of instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot start the manual removal process by remaining in the normal mode of operation; therefore, you have to boot the infected system in the safe mode. Reboot the computer, and hit the F8 key to see the list of boot options. Select the safe mode from the list and press the Enter key to access the safe mode on your computer.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and click on the Processes tab where you can see a list of processes running in the background. You are required to remove the following processes associated with this adware infection: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
In the next step of this process you have to get rid of the following associated files from the system files folder:-
- %Programs%\MediaPlayer3.1\Media Player 3.1 ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Delete the corrupt additions from the windows registry in the final step of the manual removal process. Open the registry editor by clicking on the Start Menu, select Run, and type “regedit”. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to locate and remove the following corrupt entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Media Player 3.1\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Media Player 3.1
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Media Player 3.1 \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Media Player 3.1\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Media Player 3.1\DisplayName Media Player 3.1
Restart the infected system and check if the virus is removed successfully or still available. Run a complete system scan by using the updated version of any reliable antivirus program.