The Media Buzz is a malicious variation of recently launched scary adware programs that is developed with the clear motive to infect the targeted systems and access the confidential details of the innocent users. Once this virus enetered in the system it connects your computer to a remote server, and all your online activities will be monitored by the hackers. After that, you will start receiving the pop-up ads that matches your browsing habits, and divert your web searches towards low ranked websites. The main purpose of the hackers is to generate traffic on the affiliate sites through this adware, and in this process the privacy of the users can be easily compromised. Apart from that, the Media Buzz is a serious threat to the system resources as it corrupts several system files which results in frequent errors, and system crashes. It also makes the computer extremely slow after utilizing a huge amount of total system resources.
Removal of Media Buzz
Once your system is compromised to Media Buzz adware program, you are required to get rid of this infection as a top priority. There are some reliable automatic tools available in this regard, and for the basic level computer users, the automatic method is the ultimate choice. The manual removal of this browser hijacker is also possible. The instructions for the manual removal of this infection are mentioned below:-
Reboot the System in The Safe Mode
Access your computer in the safe mode to start the process of manual removal. In this regard, you just need to restart the computer, and keep hitting the F8 key while the system is restarted to access the boot options list. Select the safe mode from the list through arrow keys, and hit the Enter key to achieve the safe mode access.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and click on the Processes tab to see the list of processes. You have to end the following associated processes of the Media Buzz by using the End Process button before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you have successfully removed the associated processes, you have to open the system files folder, and remove the following files by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Media Buzz pop-up.lnk
- %Programs%\Media Buzz pop-up\Media Buzz pop-up.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Remove the corrupt and malicious entries from the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. In this regard, open the registry editor through Regedit command that you can execute from the Run option of the Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to delete the following entries related to the Media Buzz:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Media Buzz pop-up\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Media Buzz pop-up
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Media Buzz pop-up\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Media Buzz pop-up\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Media Buzz pop-up\DisplayName Media Buzz pop-up
Reboot the system in the normal mode to see if the virus is removed successfully, or still available. Do not forget to run a complete system scan.