The MaxWebSearch.com which is also referred as MaxWebSearch virus is a malicious application that comes under the category of a browser hijacker. Once installed, it redirects all your searches towards unethical porn websites. It introduced itself as a legitimate search engine that helps you in your internet searches just like Google or Yahoo, but in reality it is a trap that is designed by the notorious hackers to take your money and confidential information. It has the ability to open backdoor for third party additional malware, spyware, and adware programs. This malicious application is mostly used for the purpose of generating traffic on the unknown websites through illegal and unethical ways. Every time you try to search anything, the MaxWebSearch.com will redirect you towards the affiliate websites. The hackers that make money through pay per click programs used this virus. This dangerous browser hijacker has the ability to change all the browser settings including the DNS settings.
The Manual Removal of MaxWebSearch.com
You can remove the MaxWebSearch.com either by using the automatic removal tool through which this virus can be removed easily, or by using the manual method which is a bit complicated for the novice users. In the manual removal method we recommend that you must be aware about the windows registry, and can differentiate the system files, and suspicious files. Following are the steps of the manual removal method:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
Restart the system, and press F8 key while the system is restarting to see the boot option menu. Here you can see a number of options from which you have to select the safe mode and hit the enter key to start operating your computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Following are the suspicious processes considered as related processes of the MaxWebSearch.com. You have to delete these processes by opening the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
You have to delete the files and folders that are associated with the MaxWebSearch.com. In this regard following are the files that are hidden in the system files and you have to delete them:-
- %Desktopdir%\Maxwebsearch.com Redirect Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Maxwebsearch.com Redirect Virus\Maxwebsearch.com Redirect Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will be completed when you clean the registry from the corrupt entries created by the MaxWebSearch.com. The registry entries can be removed with the help of registry editor that can be started by using the regedit command in the run option of start menu. Once the registry editor is opened, you have to get rid of the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Maxwebsearch.com Redirect Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Maxwebsearch.com Redirect Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Maxwebsearch.com Redirect Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Maxwebsearch.com Redirect Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Maxwebsearch.com Redirect Virus\DisplayName Maxwebsearch.com Redirect Virus
After successfully removing the above mentioned corrupt entries you have to restart the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have made the changes.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic MaxWebSearch.com removal Tool.
This is most safe and easy method. Download MaxWebSearch.com removal Tool to automatically remove MaxWebSearch.com.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the MaxWebSearch.com,do submit your comments to get clarified.