How to Get Rid of Ads by Match Pal Popups?
The Match Pal Ads is a newly designed and distributed adware infection that has infected several windows based computers recently. It is categorized as an adware program that is used by the hackers to spread more computer worms, and gain the financial benefits. This nasty adware installed as a browser extension, and unfortunately, it can infect all the popular browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, and Explorer. You will notice that the screen of your system is flooded with the annoying pop-up ads, and it does now allow you to perform your routine tasks. You are unable to open the websites of your choice, and often you will be redirected towards strange sites. This infection is also capable of displaying fake alerts on the screen of the infected computers mentioning that the important software programs are needed to be updated, an when you try to update them, you will download more infections, and potentially unwanted programs. You have to keep in mind that all such alerts are totally fake, and actually designed to trap the innocent users. The main purpose of spreading this worm is to drive more traffic on the desired domains.
Step 1 > Uninstall Match Pal adware from your Windows Control Panel.
Step 2 > Remove Match Pal browser Toolbar plug-in, toolbar, add-on, extension from IE/Firefox.
Step 3 > Run Anti-malware scan to eliminate malicious file related to Match Pal adware.
To get rid of Match Pal adware from your web browser, please follow instruction below. Should you have any problem, please leave a reply below. We will try our best to reply you as soon as possible.
Step 1 > Uninstall Match Pal from your Windows Control Panel.
• For Windows 8, open the Start screen, type Uninstall and then go to Settings. In the search results, go to Uninstall a program.
• For Windows 7 and Vista, open the Start menu and navigate to Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall a Program
• For Windows XP, open the Start menu and navigate to Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs
Manual Removal of Match Pal Ads
In order to protect your confidential details saved on the system, you need to remove this virus as soon as possible. You can choose an automatic removal tool that is easily available on the web. Besides that, you can also try the manual removal process which is mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, you have to restart the infected PC, and access the boot options menu by using the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarting. Select the Safe mode option from the list and press the Enter key to access the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed, open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab to remove the following malicious processes associated with this infection: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following files from the system files folder by using the file explorer as well as Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\ Match Pal Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Ads by Match Pal Ads\ Match Pal Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the registry editor by running the RegEdit command through the Start Menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following associated entries of the Match Pal Ads, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Match Pal Ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Match Pal Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Match Pal Ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Match Pal Ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Match Pal Ads\DisplayName Match Pal Ads
Restart the system in the normal mode and check how much success you have achieved in the manual removal process of the Match Pal Ads. Run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus program.