The Masponi Adware is a recently developed computer infection that has infected thousands of personal computers using the windows operating system. The Masponi Adware is classified as a complicated adware infection that is used by the hackers to display annoying pop-up ads on the screen of the infected computer. This malicious adware attacks the computer through file sharing networks, compromised websites, spam emails, and social engineering. Once installed, you will receive countless numbers of the pop-up alerts, and fake system warnings. Besides that, the hackers also use this adware to run commercial advertisements of the affiliate products. Some of the black hat hackers also use this infection to generate traffic on some low ranked affiliate sites, and make illegal money from the pay per click programs. It entirely modifies the system settings, and you will notice that the home page, along with the search provider is modified without your consent.
Removal of Masponi Adware
After discovering the Masponi Adware on your PC, you have to find an effective method to get rid of this adware program. There are some excellent automatic tools available in this regard, that are not only easy to use, but also give you swift results. On the other hand, the manual removal process is only recommended for the professional computer users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the complicated steps of the manual removal, you have to access the safe mode on the infected system. You have to restart the system, and hit the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to see the list of boot options on your screen. After accessing the boot options list, select the Safe Mode, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step of this process, you have to open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab under the task manager window. You have to kill the following processes associated with the Masponi Adware and close the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After getting rid of the associated processes, you have to remove the following associated files of the Masponi Adware:-
- %Desktopdir%\Masponi Adware.lnk
- %Programs%\Masponi Adware\Masponi Adware.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the last step, you have to remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry. In this regard, access the registry editor by executing the “regedit” command through Run option on the Start menu. After accessing the registry editor, remove the following corrupt entries associated with the Masponi Adware:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Masponi Adware\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Masponi Adware
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Masponi Adware\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Masponi Adware\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Masponi Adware\DisplayName Masponi Adware
Close the registry editor, restart the system in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of your antivirus.