The Mandiant Moneypack Virus is a dangerous ransomware infection that originally belongs from the Urausy family of ransomware viruses. This malicious application often downloads along with some freeware without getting the permission from the user. Once this lethal ransomware installed on any PC, it will completely lock down the access of the user, and you are unable to access your normal desktop. You are only able to see the message from the hackers which shows that you have to pay a penalty which normally amounts $100 or in some cases $200. You will be asked to pay such amount through UKash, or PaySafeCard in order to unlock the infected computer. Keep in mind this is a fake message, and it is an effort by the cyber crooks to steal your money as well as confidential data from the system.
The Manual Removal of Mandiant Moneypack Virus
Once the presence of the Mandiant Moneypack Virus is confirmed, you have to think about how to remove this malicious ransomware effectively. You can use the automatic tools to get rid of this ransomware, besides that, you can also remove this infection manually by following the below mentioned instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Reboot the system, and press the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarting to access the boot options. Once the boot options screen displayed on the PC, you have to select the Safe mode option and hit the Enter key which starts your computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system is booted in the safe mode, you have to open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager is visible, you have to click on the Processes tab to see the list of running processes inside your computer. Remove the following associated processes of the Mandiant Moneypack Virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following suspicious files hidden in the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Mandiant Moneypak virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Mandiant Moneypak virus\Mandiant Moneypak virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
This manual removal process of the Mandiant Moneypack ransomware will be completed when you clean the windows registry. You have to click on the Start button, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box before pressing the OK to access the registry editor. You have to find as well as delete the following suspicious entries of this lethal ransomware virus before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mandiant Moneypak virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mandiant Moneypak virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mandiant Moneypak virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mandiant Moneypak virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mandiant Moneypak virus\DisplayName Mandiant Moneypak virus
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of changes you have made recently, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of the antivirus program.