The Malware Protection Center is a malicious application categorized as a rogue anti spyware program that often sneaks in the windows based computers without providing any information to the users. When you look at the main interface of the Malware Protection Center, it is just like any legitimate anti spyware program, but in reality, it is a trap set by the hackers to steal your money along with the confidential details. Initially, it blocks your key programs, and start performing fake scans on your computer to threaten you about the health of your computer. You will be forced to buy the paid version of this fake application, but keep in mind, that this program has nothing to do with the health of your PC. It is just a trap set by the cyber crooks that you need to avoid.
Removal of Malware Protection Center
After discovering the Malware Protection Center rogue application on your system, you need to protect your computer by removing this virus in quick time. The automatic tools are available to delete this virus completely from your system. Besides that, the manual removal is also possible, but keep in mind that this process is extremely difficult. The instructions to remove this infection manually are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The important system utilities such as task manager and registry editor cannot be accessed by remaining in the normal mode; therefore, you have to boot the system in the safe mode. Restart the computer, and open the boot options menu by striking the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode option from the list before pressing the Enter key to boot the infected computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and select the processes tab under the task manager window to delete the following associated processes of this threat before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
The next step is, removal of the associated data. In this regard, you have to delete the following suspicious files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Malware Protection Center.lnk
- %Programs%\Malware Protection Center\Malware Protection Center.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
After completing the above mentioned steps, you have to take care of the windows registry by removing the entries created by this adware infection. In this regard, access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select the Run option, and write regedit in the box. You have to remove the following associated entries of this infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Malware Protection Center\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Malware Protection Center
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Malware Protection Center\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Malware Protection Center\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Malware Protection Center\DisplayName Malware Protection Center
Reboot the system in the normal mode to see the success or failure of the manual removal efforts. Run a complete system scan through any reliable antivirus program.