The Mal/Iframe-AH is a dangerous computer virus classified as a high risk Trojan horse that can make your PC completely useless if not removed accordingly. The Mal/Iframe-AH distributed through hacked websites, unsafe browsing, downloading freeware, junk mail attachments, and using corrupt removable devices. Once this malicious application sneaks in the computer, it is not easy to detect or remove it. Even if you remove it through traditional methods, you will find that it is returning back after few days. Besides that, it will overhaul the system settings completely, modify the windows registry, alter the security settings, and change the windows firewall to avoid detection, and open backdoor access for the cyber crooks. The notorious hackers that are looking to gram each and every opportunity to steal the money of the users are using this Trojan infection as a powerful tool to enter in the system, and help them to complete their illegal activities.
The Manual Removal of Mal/Iframe-AH
Once it is confirmed that the system is a victim of the Mal/Iframe-AH infection, you need to remove this infection without wasting a single minute. This malicious application can be removed either by using any automatic removal tool or manually. For the novice users the automatic method is ideal as it is easy and quick, but the professional level users can try the manual removal method according to the instructions mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot remove these advanced level threats by remaining in the normal mode of operation. Reboot the system, and keep pressing the F8 key repeatedly till you get the access of the boot options. Select the Safe Mode option from the list of options before pressing the Enter key so that the PC can be started in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed successfully, you have to kill the associated processes of this lethal Trojan horse. Access the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the process tab to see the list of processes running in the background. Following associated processes of this infection are required to be removed quickly:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next step of this process is removal of the associated data. You have to delete the following associated files of the Mal/Iframe-AH infection from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To complete the process you have to remove the malicious entries created by this Trojan horse in the windows registry. Open the star menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box to open the registry editor. Remove the following associated entries of the Mal/Iframe-AH and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mal/Iframe-AH\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mal/Iframe-AH\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mal/Iframe-AH\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mal/Iframe-AH\DisplayName Mal/Iframe-AH
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to check how effectively you are able to follow the above mentioned instructions.