The Mal/EncPk-AFN is one of the most dangerous computer viruses of the recent times that enters in the windows based computers without the permission of the user.Once installed, this malicious application perform a number of illegal activities and delete important files of the windows operating system due to which your computer starts working weirdly. This dangerous malware opens the backdoor for the additional malware, spyware, and adware by changing the security settings of the computer. It has the ability to make your computer extremely slow by utilizing most of the resources installed on the system. As it destroys your important system files; therefore, the performance of the computer also affected, and you are unable to access many of the important features of your PC. This malicious application runs annoying pop-up ads on your screen in which they try to promote different unknown products. Once installed, it hides itself wisely deep in the roots of system files, and also creates corrupt registry values which makes this virus able to start automatically every time you starts your windows.
The Manual Removal of Mal/EncPk-AFN
After detecting this dangerous virus, you have to remove it without wasting any time. There is a manual removal method available to get rid of the Mal/EncPk-AFN which is only recommended for the advanced level computer users, and professionals. Besides that, the automatic removal tool is also available in this regard :-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
The first step of this process is to reboot the system in the safe mode. You have to restart the system, and press F8 key to to see the boot options on your screen. You have to select the safe mode option and press the enter key to restart the system in the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and click on the processes tab. Here you can see a list of processes running in the background. You have to end the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
Once done with the processes thing, you have to get rid of the associated files of this malicious application:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To clean the windows registry you need to open the registry editor. The registry editor can be accessed by click on the start button, select Run, and write regedit in the command box. You have to delete the following suspicious entries from the system:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mal/EncPk-AFN\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mal/EncPk-AFN\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mal/EncPk-AFN\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mal/EncPk-AFN\DisplayName Mal/EncPk-AFN
After deleting the above mentioned entries related to the Mal/EncPk-AFN .BH all the steps of the manual removal process are completed; therefore, you have to restart the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have removed this dangerous virus. Also run a complete system scan to remove the infections.