The Maintainupgrade.vidupdate.org is a malicious domain that is created specifically for the windows based computers, and distributed all over the world in the past few months. The Maintainupgrade.vidupdate.org is classified as a browser hijacker, and always enters in a computer secretly. It removes the important system files due to which the system starts showing frequent errors and crashes. The Maintainupgrade.vidupdate.org modify the browser settings without your consent, and suddenly you will notice that the system goes beyond your control. When you open a browser window, you will see a number of pop-up ads automatically appears on the screen and covers a huge area on the browser window. It keep annoys you by redirecting all the web searches towards unwanted websites. The hackers also use this virus as a tool to make money from the pay per click programs. Sometimes, the cyber crooks use this browser hijacker to generate traffic on the low ranked websites. There are a number of methods used by the hackers to distribute this virus including spam emails, compromised web pages, and social media links.
Removal of Maintainupgrade.vidupdate.org
Once this infection attacks your system, and you can confirm its presence, you must find a method to remove the Maintainupgrade.vidupdate.org browser hijacker immediately as well as effectively. There are a number of automatic tools available in this regard. You can also remove this adware manually, which is a complicated process for the novice users. The manual removal instructions are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Start the system in the safe mode to execute the complicated commands of the manual removal process. In this regard, restart the computer, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options on your screen, select the safe mode option from the list and press the enter key to access the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed, you have to open the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see a list of processes running in the background. You have to find and remove the following processes associated with the Maintainupgrade.vidupdate.org before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Find and remove the following suspicious files associated with the Maintainupgrade.vidupdate.org browser hijacker from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to normalize the windows registry by removing the corrupt entries. In this regard, access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the Maintainupgrade.vidupdate.org:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Maintainupgrade.vidupdate.org\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Maintainupgrade.vidupdate.org\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Maintainupgrade.vidupdate.org\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Maintainupgrade.vidupdate.org\DisplayName Maintainupgrade.vidupdate.org
Reboot the system in the normal mode to see if the virus is still available or removed successfully, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of your existing antivirus application.