The Mainonta Ads is a nasty application that sneaks in the targeted computers secretly, and performs several annoying activities without the permission of the users. The Mainonta Ads is classified as an adware program, and used by the cyber crooks to display commercial advertisement campaigns, linked messages, and banners for their monetary benefits. This malicious application eats a high percentage of system resources, which results in degrading performance, and also affect the speed of the computer negatively. Once this infection makes its way into the system, it starts tracking the internet activity of the user, and steals the valuable details such as credit card numbers, emails, and passwords. It also disables the network or internet connection on the infected PC due to which you are unable to connect to the internet. Besides that, it also modifies some important settings in your computer without your permission, including the home page, search provider, desktop, and windows firewall.
Removal of Mainonta Ads
The Mainonta Ads infection is a nasty computer worm that can make your system completely useless if not removed quickly. You can delete this virus by using any reliable automatic removal tool that is easily available. Besides that, the manual removal of this virus is also available that is extremely complicated. The instructions of the manual removal process are detailed below:-
Reboot the System in The Safe Mode
The manual removal method cannot be executed by remaining in the normal mode; therefore, you have to boot the system in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the PC, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options. Once you are able to see the list, select the safe mode, and press the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab under the task manager window and remove the following associated processes of the Mainonta Ads before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After getting rid of the malicious processes, you have to get rid of the associated data. Remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Mainonta Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Mainonta Ads\Mainonta Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to remove the modifications made by this adware infection in the windows registry. Access to the start menu, select Run option, and type Regedit.exe in the box to open the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mainonta Ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mainonta Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mainonta Ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mainonta Ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mainonta Ads\DisplayName Mainonta Ads
Close the registry editor, and reboot the computer in the normal mode to check the effectiveness of the manual removal process. Do not forget to run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus program.