The MagniPic is a dangerous computer virus that is often referred as the MagniPic.exe. This malicious application attacks the computer secretly, and can cause permanent damage to your resources along with important data files. The MagniPic spreads through the infected removable devices, and corrupt web pages. Once installed without your consent, this malicious application settles down quickly in the system and start performing harmful activities such as slowing the computer speed, degrade the overall performance, delete the crucial system files, and deny the access to some important computer utilities. Once installed, the MagniPic modify the system registry by adding startup keys which makes it able to start automatically. Along with this lethal computer virus you will also get the additional parasites that cause frequent crashes of your browser. One of the worst functions of this lethal computer infection is it records your keystrokes to access your personal financial information. This information immediately transferred to the remote hackers who use it for the fraudulent purposes. You cannot afford to keep this virus in your system as it can cost you a lot if remain resident for a long period. You cannot browse normally if this virus is available in your system.
The Manual Removal of MagniPic
When you become the victim of the MagniPic, you have to find a way to escape from this attack. There are both manual as well as automatic options available to get rid of this malicious application. Following are the steps involved in the manual removal of this computer virus:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
The first step of this process is rebooting the system in the safe mode. This can be done by restarting the computer, and press the F8 key repeatedly to access to the menu for booting options. Once these options are visible on the screen, you have to select the safe mode and hit the Enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
The next step of this process is killing the associated processes of the MagniPic . You have to open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab to see the list of the running processes. Remove the following processes from the available list of the processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Remove the following files from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the start menu, select the Run option, and write “RegEdit” to open the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor, you have to remove the following malicious entries from the windows registry to clean it from the malicious additions:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MagniPic.exe\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MagniPic.exe\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MagniPic.exe\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\MagniPic.exe\DisplayName MagniPic.exe
Close the registry editor before restarting the system in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes and run a complete system scan to remove the infections caused by this virus.