The Magic Malware is a malicious application which is considered as a dangerous threat for the stability of the computer as well as data. It installs itself without the consent of users, and mostly it uses the security weaknesses available in some of the software programs. The Magic Malware has infected millions of the computers all over the world, but mostly it has infected the computers in Europe during the last few years. There are various companies in England that got affected because of this tricky parasite. These companies are in different sectors that includes education, finance, telecom, and health sector. Most computers infected from Magic Malware when users perform unsafe browsing, accept online offers, click on the social media ads, and sharing resources with other computers on the network. This malicious parasite is developed with the motive to steal confidential information of the users. This information can be used by the hackers to make money by illegal means. Once the Magic Malware detected in your computer, you need to remove it quickly in order to minimize the loss of this infection.
Manual Removal Process of Magic Malware
There are some automatic tools available through which you can get rid of the Magic Malware; however, you can also remove it manually. The manual removal method is complicated, and it is recommended that only advance level users can try this manual method. Following are the steps and instructions which you need to complete in order to delete this malicious virus from your computer manually:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
You have to start the infected computer in safe mode for which you have to restart the computer, and press F8 key to see the boot menu where you can see various boot options. You have to select the safe mode option from the list and hit the enter key to restart the computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Malicious Processes
After restarting the machine in the safe mode, you have to get rid of the malicious processes associated with this threat. To end these processes, you have to start the task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and click on the processes tab to find and end the following processes-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Files and Folders
The next step of manual removal process is finding and delete the following malicious files as well as folders by using the file explorer and delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Magic Malware.lnk
- %Programs%\Magic Malware\Magic Malware.lnk
Delete Registry Entries
Open the registry editor by executing the “RegEdit” command through Run option available in the start menu, and delete the following registry entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Magic Malware\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Magic Malware
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Magic Malware\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Magic Malware\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Magic Malware\DisplayName Magic Malware
After removing the registry entries, just close the registry editor, and start the computer in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the manual removal process.