The Lyyapps.com is a malicious computer application that is classified as a dangerous browser hijacker. This nasty computer worm always slips in the system, secretly, and perform several unwanted actions. The Lyyapps.com presents itself as a legitimate search engine, but in reality, this is nothing more than an application that is designed to take the control of your browsing. This nasty infection can steal your private information which includes browsing history, user names, passwords, and credit card information. Whenever you are connected to the internet, it starts showing various pop-up ads that match your browsing habits. When you try to search anything on the web, you will be automatically redirected towards unwanted web sites. You will also notice that the most of the browser settings are modified without your permission. At first instance, it gives you the look of a legitimate search engine, but this is actually designed to deceive the innocent computer user. This malicious application creates a number of corrupt files in the system files folder, and makes your system extremely slow.
Removal of Lyyapps.com
Once it becomes confirmed that the system is compromised to the Lyyapps.com browser hijacker, you must find an effective way to remove this infection from the system. The automatic method is easy as well as convenient. On the other hand, the manual removal of this infection is possible, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, you have to access the safe mode on the system. In this regard, restart the computer, and strike the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted, to see the list of boot options. After accessing the boot options, you have to strike the Enter key after selecting the safe mode option from the list.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window where you can see a list of processes running in the background of your system. Get rid of the following suspicious processes one by one by using the End Process button, and close the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you have completed the removal of the processes, you have to remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The process will be completed when you remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry. Access the registry editor by selecting the Run option from the start menu, and type “regedit”. After accessing the registry editor, you have to eliminate the following associated entries of the Lyyapps.com:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Lyyapps.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Lyyapps.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Lyyapps.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Lyyapps.com\DisplayName Lyyapps.com
After completing the above steps, you have to, restart the computer in the normal mode , and run a system scan after updating your existing antivirus program.