The Lyrics Virus has been a recently designed, developed, and distributed adware infection that has infected several windows based computers in the different parts of the world. The Lyrics Virus always arrives in the system, secretly through malicious websites, spam email attachments, visiting porn websites, p2p sharing of files, and downloading free applications from untrusted sources. You will notice that the system settings are completely overhauled by this infection without your consent. It modifies the windows registry by creating fake entries, and disables the task manager. It also opens a back channel for the additional parasites by modifying the windows firewall, and disabling other security tools. This dangerous adware infection is aimed to steal your personal financial details, such as credit card numbers, bank account credentials, and browsing history. It occupies most of the system memory due to which the computer starts behaving weirdly.
Removal of Lyrics Virus
The Lyrics Virus is a deadly dangerous adware that should be cleaned from the system in a way that it will never return back. The automatic removal of this adware infection is the most popular way in this regard. On the other hand, the manual removal is also possible, but only recommended for the advanced level computer professionals. The Lyrics Virus can be removed manually as per following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must boot the system in the safe mode before starting the manual removal process. Restart the PC, and access the boot options screen by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Once the boot options are accessed, strike the Enter key after selecting the safe mode option from the list.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to access the task manager, and hit the Processes tab under the task manager window. Kill the following suspicious processes associated with the Lyrics Virus by using the End Process button, before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you have successfully removed the associated processes of this adware, you have to open the system files folder and remove the following corrupt files associated with the Lyrics Virus by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\A2ZLyrics virus.lnk
- %Programs%\A2ZLyrics virus\A2ZLyrics virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will be completed as soon as you remove the corrupt registry entries. Access the registry editor through the Run option on the Start Menu, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the “OK”. You have to eliminate the following associated entries of the Lyrics Virus after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\A2ZLyrics virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\A2ZLyrics virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\A2ZLyrics virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\A2ZLyrics virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\A2ZLyrics virus\DisplayName A2ZLyrics virus
Restart the machine in the normal mode to see if the dware is removed successfully or still available, and run a system scan after updating your existing antivirus program.