The Lphant is a process that is required to run the executable files necessary to run any software. It is considered as a security risk that can convert into a computer virus anytime. This malicious application often sneaks in the system without the permission of the user, and start performing harmful activities. The Lphant infection hides in the Windows\System32 folder as it is the place where this lethal infection downloaded. Some of the variants of the Lphant process are considered as spyware and malware that can be extremely harmful for the overall health of the computer. Once installed, it can damage your system files, registry entries, and also modify the basic security settings of the system without your consent. The speed of the system also affected negatively once this dangerous infection activates in the computer.
The Manual Removal of Lphant
Once you see the destructive variants of the Lphant virus in your PC, you have to be ready to remove this application in order to protect your resources. You can do this by using the automatic removal methods that are not only easy but also quick to remove the Lphant. The instructions for the manual removal of this infection are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the system, and hit the F8 key to access the boot options menu where you can select the Safe mode option. Once you can see booting options on your screen, select the Safe Mode and hit the Enter key that that start the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
After successfully booting the system in the safe mode, the next step of this process is, removal of the malicious processes associated with the Lphant. Access the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab, to delete of the following associated processes of this infection before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once the processes issue is done, you have to find and remove the following files associated with the Lphant virus and hidden deep in the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this process is cleaning the windows registry by removing the keys created by the Lphant infection. Open the registry editor by selecting the Start menu, choose Run option, and type regedit in the box before pressing the OK button. Once the registry editor is accessed on your screen, remove the following corrupt entries associated with the Lphant infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Lphant\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Lphant\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Lphant\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Lphant\DisplayName Lphant
Restart the system in the normal mode after closing the registry editor, and see the effect of recent changes you have made. Run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus program to clean your hard drive from the infections.