The Lp.prizerally.com popups is a deadly dangerous browser hijacker that can change the entire default browser settings once it gets inside your computer. It modifies the DNS settings, default search engine, home page, and desktop. Besides that, it disables the windows firewall, and the antivirus due to which you cannot detect or remove this threat. The Lp.prizerally.com popups can restrict your access to the internet as you are unable to open many of the security related websites. You cannot download any new program on your computer because of this lethal browser hijacker. The task manager, and registry editor are beyond of your reach, and this virus can replicate itself very quickly.This nasty computer virus is used by the cyber criminals to access your private information, and steal your hard earned money through financial frauds, and other cyber crimes.
Removal of Lp.prizerally.com popups
Once you confirm that the Lp.prizerally.com popups is present inside your computer, you need to remove this virus completely from your computer. There are some reliable automatic tools available in this regard, and for the basic level computer users, the automatic method is the ultimate choice. The manual removal of this browser hijacker is also possible that is described as below:-
Reboot the System in The Safe Mode
Once you have accessed the safe mode on your computer, you can start executing the commands of the manual removal process. In this regard, you just need to restart the computer, and keep hitting the F8 key while the system is restarted to access the boot options list. Select the safe mode from the list through arrow keys, and hit the Enter key to access the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and click on the Processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background of your system. You have to end the following associated processes of the Lp.prizerally.com popups before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
In the next step, you have to open the system files folder, and get rid of the following files by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Lp.prizerally.com Popup Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Lp.prizerally.com Popup Ads\Lp.prizerally.com Popup Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the last step of this process, you have to remove the corrupt and malicious entries from the windows registry. In this regard, open the registry editor through Regedit command that you can execute from the Run option of the Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to delete the following entries related to the Lp.prizerally.com popups:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Lp.prizerally.com Popup Ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Lp.prizerally.com Popup Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVearsion\Uninstall\Lp.prizerally.com Popup Ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Lp.prizerally.com Popup Ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Lp.prizerally.com Popup Ads\DisplayName Lp.prizerally.com Popup Ads
Restart the PC in the normal mode after closing the registry editor and if the infection is removed successfully, you must run a complete system scan.