The Loffinam ads is a nasty infection that is classified as an adware application. The main purpose of developing this dangerous infection is to generate traffic on the affiliate sites. The unsafe browsing, freeware downloads, and p2p file sharing are the main sources of distribution of this adware program. This adware program also acts like a browser hijacker which has the capability of hijacking all the browsers, including the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. This malicious application also causes the diversion of your online searches towards some unknown and unwanted websites. The Loffinam ads can change the default settings in your system, including the DNS settings, browser settings, and security setting. The speed of your browsing also affected badly because of this dangerous adware infection. The hackers use this virus as an advertising platform to promote web traffic on the affiliate websites.
Removal of Loffinam ads
As soon as it is confirmed that the Loffinam ads is available in your PC, you have to select a method to remove this infection as quickly as possible to minimize the loss. For the basic computer users, the automatic removal method is recommended which is a convenient and fast way to get rid of this nasty adware. Apart from that, the manual removal is also possible, but extremely complicated, and described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the steps of manual removal process, it is mandatory to start the PC in the safe mode. You have to restart the infected machine from the start menu, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Once you are able to see the boot options on the screen, strike the Enter key before selecting the safe mode option.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to start the windows task manager. Click on the processes tab where you can see a list of processes running in the background of your computer. You have to remove the following associated processes of the Loffinam ads virus before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, proceed to the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of this nasty adware application:-
- %Desktopdir%\Loffinam ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Loffinam ads\Loffinam ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Select the Start Menu, click on the Run option, and type Regedit in the box to execute the registry editor. Once the registry editor has appeared on the screen, you have to delete the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Loffinam ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Loffinam ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Loffinam ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Loffinam ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Loffinam ads\DisplayName Loffinam ads
Close the registry editor, and reboot the machine in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to remove this infection. Update the existing antivirus program before running a complete system scan if the virus is removed successfully.