The LiveSupport pop-up virus is a dangerous computer worm that is categorized as an adware infection. Once installed, the LiveSupport pop-up virus generates tones of pop-u ads on the screen of the infected PC whenever user tries to surf on the web. It also modifies the windows registry by creating corrupt entries that help this infection in starting automatically every time the user opens the windows operating system. This malicious application downloads files automatically to update itself, and it has the capability of replicating itself. Besides that, the LiveSupport pop-up virus also attaches the add-ons, plug-ins, and extensions to your default browser that put extra load on the browser, and it becomes extremely slow. The hackers use this tool to run commercial ads on the infected PC, and make money from deceptive advertisement.
The Manual Removal of LiveSupport pop-up virus
You have to get rid of this infection as soon as you are able to confirm its presence inside your PC. This deadly dangerous adware can be removed either by following the complicated steps of the manual removal process or automatically through any powerful automatic removal tool. The manual removal process of this infection is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot remove this kind of nasty adware infection by remaining in the normal mode; therefore, you need to restart the infected computer, and access the boot option menu by pressing the F8 key continuously while the system is restarting. After accessing the boot options, select the Safe mode option, and hit the Enter to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the system in the safe mode, you have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together so that you can remove the associated processes of this adware infection. Once the task manager is accessed you should click on the Processes tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background. Remove the following associated process by using the End Process button before closing the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Find and delete the following suspicious files considered as associated with the LiveSupport pop-up virus from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\LiveSupport pop-up virus.lnk
- %Programs%\LiveSupport pop-up virus\LiveSupport pop-up virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to clean the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. Open the start menu, select Run option, and type Regedit in the box to start the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following suspicious entries associated with the LiveSupport pop-up infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LiveSupport pop-up virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LiveSupport pop-up virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LiveSupport pop-up virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LiveSupport pop-up virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LiveSupport pop-up virus\DisplayName LiveSupport pop-up virus
Restart your computer in the normal mode, and do not forget to run a complete system scan through an updated version of your antivirus program.