The LinkWiz is a nasty ransomware infection developed as well as distributed by the cyber criminals to take the control of the targeted PC and steal the money of the innocent users. Once this infection arrives in the system, your computer will be locked down completely, and you are only able to see a message on the screen that says you are involved in a criminal activity due to which the system is locked by the higher authorities. You are also asked to pay a certain amount of fine to unlock the system, but keep in mind that this is a totally fake message, and a trap set for you by the cyber crooks. Even if you pay them money, the system will be never unlocked, and you will also transfers your important personal details to the hackers while paying the amount of fine. It makes the system super slow as a high percentage of the system resources is being utilized by this malicious application.
Removal of LinkWiz
After confirming the presence of the LinkWiz ransomware infection in your system, you have to find an effective method of getting rid of this infection. You can achieve this goal by selecting any reliable automatic removal tool that is easily available. Besides that, the manual removal process of this virus is also available that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Terminate the normal modeby restarting the system, and access the system in the safe mode to proceed in the manual removal of this ransomware. In this regard, Restart the PC, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options. Select the safe mode option, and press the enter key to access the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
Once safe mode is accessed on the system, you can proceed to the next step of the manual removal process of the LinkWiz. Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window. Get rid of the following associated processes of this ransomware, before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder from the file explorer, and remove the following files associated with this ransomware by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to access the registry editor by executing the RegEdit command through the Run option on the Start Menu. When you are able to access the registry editor, you need to remove the following corrupt entries, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LinkWiz\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LinkWiz\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LinkWiz\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LinkWiz\DisplayName LinkWiz
Restart the PC in the normal mode to see the results of your efforts. You have to run a complete system scan through an updated version of your antivirus.