The LinkSwift Deals is another variation of lethal adware programs that sneaks in the windows based platforms secretly, and can harm the system in many different ways. The notorious hackers developed and distributed this lethal adware in order to identity theft, and perform additional harmful activities inside the system. You will notice the performance of the system is degraded, and the speed is also reduced due to which you are unable to open any of your desired websites. Besides that, the LinkSwift Deals virus keeps diverting your web searches towards strange websites for the traffic generation purpose, and makes money from pay per click programs. This lethal adware infection is developed by the cyber crooks with sophisticated coding due to which it is impossible to delete this virus through normal antivirus program. After changing the important browser settings, the LinkSwift Deals virus hijacks your online activity completely.
The Manual Removal of LinkSwift Deals
In order to protect your data, and system resources, you need to remove this infection as soon as it is detected in your PC. You can delete this adware from the system by choosing any reliable automatic removal tool. Besides that, the manual removal process of the LinkSwift Deals virus is also available which is detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You need to boot the system in the safe mode in order to precede the manual removal method. Restart the system, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options, and select the safe mode option from the list, before pressing the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the infected computer starts working in the safe mode, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager. Once the task manager is accessed, select the Processes tab where you can see all the processes running in your PC. Delete the following processes associated with the LinkSwift Deals adware program:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder by using the file explorer, and remove the following malicious files associated with the LinkSwift Deals infection by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\LinkSwift Deals.lnk
- %Programs%\LinkSwift Deals\LinkSwift Deals.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To clean the windows registry you need to access the registry editor. The registry editor can be accessed by running the “regedit.exe” command through start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following suspicious entries associated with the LinkSwift Deals virus and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LinkSwift Deals\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LinkSwift Deals
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LinkSwift Deals\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LinkSwift Deals\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LinkSwift Deals\DisplayName LinkSwift Deals
Restart the infected system in the normal mode to see the success or failure of the manual removal process. Run a complete system scan after updating the current antivirus software to remove the infections created by this adware.