The Likeopinion.com pop-up is an adware program that is designed by the hackers for commercial purposes. This malicious program always slips in the system bypassing the security arrangements, and immediately make a few changes in the system settings to hide itself. Once this virus enters in the system, it modify your desktop background, change your home page, and use a new defauly browser when you open a website. The main purpose of this infection to run the pop-up ads on the main interface of your browser. Most of these ads are related to the fake promotional offers, deals, and so called coupon offers. The actual purpose of these notorious cyber criminals is to promote the third party products and generate illegal revenue through cyber crimes, and other online frauds. This malicious application makes the system extremely slow by eating a huge amount of total system resources.
Removal of Likeopinion.com pop-up
The Likeopinion.com pop-up is a dangerous adware that can be extremely lethal for your system resources as well as for the data stored on the system. You can select any automatic tool to get rid of this virus. Besides that, you can also remove this infection manually by following the instructions mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to boot the system in the safe mode to start the manual removal process. In this regard, restart the PC, and press the F8 key repeatedly to get the access of the boot options menu. Once the boot options are accessed, you have to select the safe mode from the list and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Get rid of the associated processes of the Likeopinion.com pop-up in the next step of this process. In this regard, open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab to see the list of processes. Find as well as remove the following processes associated with this nasty rogue infection before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the associated processes, you have to open the system files folder, and remove the following suspicious files by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Likeopinion.com pop-up.lnk
- %Programs%\Likeopinion.com pop-up\Likeopinion.com pop-up.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Remove the corrupt entries from the registry section of your operating syatem to complete this process. In this regard, access the registry editor by selecting the Run option in the Start menu, and type Regedit in the box. Remove the following entries once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Likeopinion.com pop-up\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Likeopinion.com pop-up
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Likeopinion.com pop-up\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Likeopinion.com pop-up\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Likeopinion.com pop-up\DisplayName Likeopinion.com pop-up
Close the registry editor, and boot the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the instructions of manual removal. Do not forget to run a system scan through any reliable antivirus program.