The Libero.it is actually a phishing website that is classified as a browser hijacker. The Libero.it infection is used by the hackers to distribute the fake emails in the name of authentic companies. The basic purpose of such illegal activity is to gain the valuable personal details of the targeted users. These details may include the social security numbers, emails, passwords, bank account details, and credit card numbers. This malicious program introduced as a legitimate search engine, but in reality this nasty browser hijacker is a tool for the hackers to display annoying pop-up ads, and achieve the financial goals by using illegal methods. The Libero.it infection is responsible for promoting certain type of affiliate products, and generate traffic to the affiliate sites to earn commissions from pay per click programs. This infection distributed through spam email attachments, unsafe browsing, infected removable storage devices, social websites, peer to peer sharing of files, and downloading freeware. Once installed, it makes the system super slow by utilizing most of the resources installed on your system.
Removal of Libero.it
When it becomes obvious that the Libero.it browser hijacker is present in your computer, you have to delete this infection completely from the system in a way that it will never return back. In this regard, you can find a number of reliable automatic tools that are easy to use. Besides that, the manual removal process of this browser hijacker is also available that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can start the removing this infection manually after accessing the safe mode. In this regard, restart the system, and keep striking the F8 key to access the boot options screen. Select the safe mode option once you are able to see the list of boot options, and press the Enter key to access the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager by remaining in the safe mode with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Click on the processes tab under the task manager window to remove the following malicious processes associated with the Libero.it before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder from the file explorer, and remove of the following associated files of the Libero.it:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to delete the registry entries associated to the Libero.it to complete the manual removal of this browser hijacker. In this regard, open the registry editor by running the Regedit command through the start menu, and eliminate the following entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Libero.it\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Libero.it\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Libero.it\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Libero.it\DisplayName Libero.it
In the end, you have to reboot the computer in the normal mode to see the result of changes you have made recently. Run a complete system scan after updating the existing antivirus.