The LessTabs Adware is a malicious computer application that is categorized as a dangerous adware program, and installed on the windows based computers without getting the permission from the user. Once start, you will see countless unwanted pop-up ads on the screen of your system, and most of these ads are misleading. Your default browser will ne hijacked completely by this virus and it take the complete control of your browsing activities. You will notice that some of the most accessed data file folders are removed automatically, and transferred to the hackers remotely. Whenever you go online, your screen will be flooded with the annoying pop-up ads due to which it is not possible for you to perform any important task on the system. Besides all the above mentioned harmful activities, the LessTabs Adware can change the settings of your browser including the home page, default search engine, and desktop background. This malicious application eats most of the system resources and resultantly you will see a considerable decrease in the speed as well as overall performance of the system.
The Manual Removal of LessTabs Adware
Once it becomes obvious that your computer is compromised to the LessTabs Adware virus, you need to find an effective way to get rid of this infection. You can choose between automatic removal method and manual removal method. The steps involved in the manual removal are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to reboot the computer in the safe mode in order to start the manual removal process. This can be done by restarting the PC and using the F8 key to access the boot options. Once the boot options screen is visible on the system, you have to select the safe mode and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
After starting the system in the safe mode, you have to open the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and click the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background of the PC. You have to remove the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder that are associated with the LessTabs Adware infection:-
- %Desktopdir%\LessTabs virus.lnk
- %Programs%\LessTabs virus\LessTabs virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Clean the windows registry by removing the corrupt entries created by this dangerous adware program. You can do this by accessing the registry editor which can be accessed by executing the RegEdit command through the Run option available in the start menu. Remove the following suspicious entries once the registry editor is accessed :-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LessTabs virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LessTabs virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LessTabs virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LessTabs virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LessTabs virus\DisplayName LessTabs virus
Close the registry editor and run a system scan to remove the infections after restarting the PC in the normal mode.