The LemurLeap is a lethal computer virus that is categorized as a rogue application and attacks the windows based computers secretly. This malicious application also acts like a browser hijacker at times as it is capable of hijack all the online activity of the user. The LemurLeap virus is famous for displaying the in-text search boxes, and other pop-up ads on a number of different websites. The pop-up ads generated by this dangerous browser hijacker can bring additional threats. The LemurLeap introduce itself as a useful program that is designed to improve your surfing experience, but actually this is a trap set by the cyber crooks for the innocent users. This nasty virus not only creates the data privacy issues in the infected systems, but it also keeps redirecting your searches towards unwanted websites.
The Manual Removal of LemurLeap
After getting infected from this lethal browser hijacker, the next thing you have to do is, decide the method through which you want to get rid of this application. There are manual as well as automatic removal methods available, and you have to select according to your experience. The instructions for the manual removal of the LemurLeap are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Boot the system in the safe mode so that you can access many of important system utilities that you are unable to access while remaining in the normal mode. Restart the PC, and use the F8 key to see the screen where you can choose the Safe mode. Once you can see booting options, select the Safe Mode and hit the Enter key that leads you towards safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this process is removal of the malicious processes associated with the LemurLeap virus. Access the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab, to delete of the following associated processes of this nasty infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to access the system files folder by opening the file explorer, and delete the following associated files of the LemurLeap infection by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\LemurLeap Adware.lnk
- %Programs%\LemurLeap Adware\LemurLeap Adware.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
This process of manual removal of the LemurLeap completes when you delete the corrupt entries from the registry section of your windows operating system. You have to access the registry editor by selecting the Run option available in the Start menu, and type regedit before pressing the enter key. Once the registry editor is available on your screen, remove the following associated entries of the LemurLeap:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LemurLeap Adware\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LemurLeap Adware
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LemurLeap Adware\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LemurLeap Adware\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\LemurLeap Adware\DisplayName LemurLeap Adware
Restart the system after closing the registry editor, and see the effect of recent changes. Run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus program.