The L.yming.com popup is a malicious application attached with an adware program, and distributed in the windows platforms to disturb the normal working of the user. This newly discovered computer worm is either attached with freeware downloads, or it spreads through the Trojan horse infection. The L.yming.com popup virus is developed as well as distributed by the cyber criminals with clear motive of increasing the traffic on the affiliate websites to make money from pay per click programs as well as other commercial ways. This dangerous adware execute itself automatically once it modifies the windows registry by adding the malicious startup keys. The performance of your operating system degrades considerably, and you are unable to access many of important system utilities like windows task manager, registry editor, etc. Besides that, the antivirus program along with other security tools is disabled to avoid the detection or removal effort.
The Manual Removal of L.yming.com popup
Once you confirm the presence of the L.yming.com popup virus, you need to decide which way is best to remove this dangerous adware program. You can choose manual removal method which is only recommended to the experienced users. Besides that, the automatic method is also available that is easy and convenient for the novice users. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before following the instructions of the manual removal, you need to boot the system in the safe mode. You have to restart the system, and use the F8 key to access the boot options screen. Once the boot options screen is visible, you have to select the safe mode, and hit the enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see all the processes running in the system, and delete the following suspicious processes associated with the L.yming.com popup virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next step of this process is removal of the associated data. Open the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of the L.yming.com popup virus:-
- %Desktopdir%\L.yming.com popup.lnk
- %Programs%\L.yming.com popup\L.yming.com popup.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The process will be completed when you clean the windows registry by removing the modifications created by this infection. You have to access the registry editor by running the “regedit.exe” command through start menu once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following suspicious entries associated with the L.yming.com popup infection and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\L.yming.com popup\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\L.yming.com popup
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\L.yming.com popup\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\L.yming.com popup\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\L.yming.com popup\DisplayName L.yming.com popup
After completing all the above mentioned steps, you need to restart the computer in the normal mode to know how successfully you are able to get rid of this dangerous adware infection.