The Kriminalpolisenheten is a malicious application that is categorized as a ransomware and enters the computer without your knowledge. This ransomware infection can redirect your browser towards certain compromised web pages where you can get additional malware. Besides that it can disable some of the important features of your system including the antivirus program, windows firewall, and other security tools that prevents you from the dangerous parasites. Like any other ransomware virus, the Kriminalpolisenheten also lock your screen and you can only see a message from the hackers that you are involved in some kind of child pornography, or copyright violation, therefore, the authorities have blocked your PC and to unlock it you have to pay a fine amount of $300. You are also asked that if you don’t pay the fine you will be sent to the jail. This is an extremely high risk threat that is needed to be removed as soon as possible.
The Manual Removal of Kriminalpolisenheten
When you saw the symptoms of the Kriminalpolisenheten on your computer, you have to remove this virus quickly after confirming its presence in your system. The automatic removal tools to get rid of the Kriminalpolisenheten are available. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available that consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
This malicious ransomware cannot be deleted unless your system is working in the normal mode of operation. To start your computer in the safe mode you have to restart the system and use F8 key to see the boot options screen. Once the boot options are available on the screen you have to choose the safe mode before pressing the enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
The next step of this process is the removal of the processes that are associated with this virus. You have to open the windows task manager, with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the process tab once you are able to see the windows task manager. Following are the processes that are needed to be deleted quickly:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You have to remove the following files from the system files folder by using the file explorer and delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Kriminalpolisenheten virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Kriminalpolisenheten virus\Kriminalpolisenheten virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to get rid of the additions and modifications made by the Kriminalpolisenheten in the windows registry in order to delete this virus completely from your system. Open the start menu, select run, and type RegEdit in the box to start the registry editor. With the help of the registry editor you can remove the following suspicious entries, before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Kriminalpolisenheten virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Kriminalpolisenheten virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Kriminalpolisenheten virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Kriminalpolisenheten virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Kriminalpolisenheten virus\DisplayName Kriminalpolisenheten virus
Reboot the computer in the normal mode and do not forget to run a complete system scan.