The Kikblaster is a malicious program and a fake search engine that introduces itself as a new search provider that is designed to provide enhanced web searching results for the users, but in reality this is a parasite wisely designed by the notorious hackers to control the browsing activity of the users. Once installed, the Kikblaster browser hijacker immediately replaces your default search engine along with the desktop background and default browser without your permission. This dangerous computer worm is used by the hackers as a tool to access your system, and steal your highly confidential personal details such as credit card information, and bank account details. All such information is transferred to the hackers through a remote server, and then used in the different types of online frauds. It is also responsible of running the countless numbers of the annoying pop-ups on the screen whenever you try to open the browser window.
Removal of Kikblaster
You have to get rid of this malicious program in order to keep the system resources secure and avoid privacy issues in the system. Once you are able to confirm the presence of this infection, you have to take immediate steps to remove this virus. There are both automatic as well as manual options available in this regard. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Terminate the normal mode, and access the system in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the PC, and reach the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Choose the safe mode option through arrow keys after accessing the boot options, and press the Enter button.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the task manager, and as soon as you are able to see the task manager window, you have to click on the Processes tab where you can see a list of processes running in the background. You are required to get rid of the following suspicious processes before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following associated files of the Kikblaster that are hidden in the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor and remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. The registry editor can be accessed through RegEdit command which can be executed from the Run option available in the Start menu. Remove the following suspicious entries after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Kikblaster\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Kikblaster\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Kikblaster\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Kikblaster\DisplayName Kikblaster
Check the availability of the Kikblaster infection in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan from the main interface of your antivirus application if the virus is removed successfully.