The Kh2b3v8.com is the latest release of the recently launched adware programs that are specifically designed to infect the windows based platforms. The basic purpose of this malicious adware is to gain commercial benefits by using it as a tool. The Kh2b3v8.com is a dangerous domain that is designed by the hackers with the advanced level techniques and you cannot detect this virus through normal antivirus program and other traditional security tools. Once installed, the Kh2b3v8.com changes the default browser settings and you will also notice that the default search provider in your system also changed without your consent. When you try to open a website, it will take a lot of time to load, and in the end, you will be automatically redirected towards unknown places. Besides that, you will also get annoying pop-up ads on the main interface of your browser. Most of these ads are related to promote the affiliate sites, and generate traffic to make money from the pay per click programs. The speed as well as performance of the system reduces because of this infection.
Removal of Kh2b3v8.com
The Kh2b3v8.com is a lethal adware program that can cause huge damage to the system resources if not removed in time. The automatic removal of this infection is the easiest of methods to get rid of this virus. The manual removal of the Kh2b3v8.com is also possible, but complicated, and only recommended for the advanced level users. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
In order to start the manual removal process, you have to boot the system in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the system, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Select the safe mode option from the boot options menu, before pressing the enter key to access the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the background. Kill the following associated processes of this malicious application, before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Find as well as remove the following corrupt files associated with the Kh2b3v8.com from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Kh2b3v8.com Ransomware.lnk
- %Programs%\Kh2b3v8.com Ransomware\Kh2b3v8.com Ransomware.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to remove the modifications created by this virus in the windows registry. Access the registry editor by executing the RegEdit command through the Run option on the Start Menu. When you are able to access the registry editor, remove the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Kh2b3v8.com Ransomware\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Kh2b3v8.com Ransomware
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Kh2b3v8.com Ransomware\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Kh2b3v8.com Ransomware\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Kh2b3v8.com Ransomware\DisplayName Kh2b3v8.com Ransomware
Reboot the system in the normal mode after closing the registry editor, and do not forget to run a complete system scan through an updated antivirus program.