The Keyword Suggestor Toolbar is a dangerous computer worm that is categorized as a browser hijacker, and invades the computer systems while performing the unsafe browsing. Sometimes this nasty browser hijacker also comes bundled with the freeware or other parasites. The Keyword Suggestor Toolbar considered as a potential threat because it can collect the personal information of the user and send it to the hackers. The Keyword Suggestor Toolbar infections changes the layout of the social networking sites like Facebook, and YouTube once it settles down deep in the system. Once this deadly dangerous browser hijacker installs on the system, it takes complete control of your browsing, and also brings adware programs like Babylon to the browser without your consent. You will see the home page, default browser, default search engine are modified, and creates the corrupt windows registry keys.
The Manual Removal of Keyword Suggestor Toolbar
You have to remove the Keyword Suggestor Toolbar infection once it founds on your hard drive. You can do this manually as well as automatically depending on your expertise to remove such threats. The manual removal process is available but only recommended for the advanced level computer users. The instructions for the manual removal of the Keyword Suggestor Toolbar virus are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must boot the system in the safe mode before starting the actual manual removal process. Restart the system, and use the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options. Select the safe mode option from the available list before hitting the enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you start the system in the safe mode successfully, you have to access the windows task manager and remove the associated processes of the Keyword Suggestor Toolbar. There is a list of all the running processes available under the processes tab in the task manager window from which you have to delete the following malicious processes associated with the Keyword Suggestor Toolbar virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to open the file explorer, proceed to the system files folder, and delete the following associated files of the Keyword Suggestor Toolbar virus:-
- %Desktopdir%\Keyword Suggestor Toolbar.lnk
- %Programs%\Keyword Suggestor Toolbar\Keyword Suggestor Toolbar.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by executing the “regedit.exe” command through Run option of the Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following corrupt entries associated with the Keyword Suggestor Toolbar virus, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Keyword Suggestor Toolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Keyword Suggestor Toolbar
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Keyword Suggestor Toolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Keyword Suggestor Toolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Keyword Suggestor Toolbar\DisplayName Keyword Suggestor Toolbar
Restart the system in the normal mode before running a complete system scan through an updated version of your current antivirus software to remove the infections caused by this browser hijacker.