The JS:Trojan.Clicker.NBP is a dangerous Trojan infection that sneaks in the windows based computers without getting the permission from the users, and perform several harmful actions inside the system once it settles down. The JS:Trojan.Clicker.NBP alters the windows registry by adding the fake startup keys that allow this virus to execute automatically every time the users start the windows. Once enters in the system, this malicious application record the online activity of the users, and access the sensitive details such as bank account details, credit card information, and passwords. The JS:Trojan.Clicker.NBP invades the system through spam email attachments, visiting porn sites, downloading freeware, p2p sharing of files, and using corrupt removable devices. This malicious Trojan uses the keyloggers to record your passwords and other activity. Whenever you try to search anything on the web, you will be redirected towards irrelevant and phishing websites where you are encouraged to purchase lower quality products from the unknown suppliers. This lethal infection consumes most of the system resources due to which the speed and performance of the system affected negatively.
The Manual Removal of JS:Trojan.Clicker.NBP
After confirming the presence of the JS:Trojan.Clicker.NBP, you need to take some immediate steps to remove this Trojan infection. For the novice computer user, we recommend the automatic removal method. However, if you have experience of removing such infections manually, you can try the manual removal method which is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal process of the JS:Trojan.Clicker.NBP, you need to boot the infected computer in the safe mode. In this regard, you need to restart the system and access the boot options menu by using the F8 key repeatedly. Select the safe mode option from the list of options and hit the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you start the system in the safe mode successfully, you have to get rid of the associated processes of this infection. In this regard, open the task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and remove the following associated processes of this virus from the available list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next step of this process is the removal of the associated data. Following are some of the suspicious files hidden in the system files folder that you need to remove quickly:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to clean the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. Access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the Start menu. Get rid of the following associated entries of the JS:Trojan.Clicker.NBP from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\JS:Trojan.Clicker.NBP\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\JS:Trojan.Clicker.NBP\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\JS:Trojan.Clicker.NBP\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\JS:Trojan.Clicker.NBP\DisplayName JS:Trojan.Clicker.NBP
Restart the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have removed the infection. Run a complete system scan to remove the infections.