The Jst.pathopen.net is a recently discovered computer worm that is classified as a browser hijacker that harass the PC users all over the world. As soon as it enters in the PC, it will target the browsers installed on that system, and changes the default settings of the browser to gain the full control of your online activity. This malicious application attacks the computers while visiting porn websites, peer to peer sharing of files, sharing of resources with other computers on the same network, spam emails, and social engineering. You may be able to detect this nasty browser hijacker with a powerful antivirus program, but removing this virus is not possible through any antivirus in this world. Once this virus is active in the system, it records all your activities, and send the information to the hackers. You will receive tons of the pop-up ads related to the commercial advertisements and sponsored links.
Removal of Jst.pathopen.net
The Jst.pathopen.net browser hijacker is a serious threat for the overall security of your system that is required to be removed as soon as possible. There are some reliable automatic removal tools available that are recommended for the novice users. Besides these automatic tools, the manual removal process is also available which is only recommended for the experienced users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before proceeding with the manual removal, you need to reboot the system in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the PC, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options. Select the safe mode from the boot options menu, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, you need to start the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab under the task manager window to see a list of processes running in the background. Remove the following associated processes of this nasty browser hijacker before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You have to get rid of the following associated files of the Jst.pathopen.net from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Jst.pathopen.net Redirect Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Jst.pathopen.net Redirect Virus\Jst.pathopen.net Redirect Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor, and remove the malicious entries from the windows registry to complete the manual removal of this browser hijacker. In this regard, open the start menu, select the Run option, and write regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Delete the following corrupt entries once you are able to access the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jst.pathopen.net Redirect Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jst.pathopen.net Redirect Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jst.pathopen.net Redirect Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jst.pathopen.net Redirect Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jst.pathopen.net Redirect Virus\DisplayName Jst.pathopen.net Redirect Virus
Restart the machine in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to remove this virus manually, and run a complete system scan after updating your antivirus.