The jss.donetri.net is a lethal redirect virus which is classified as a browser hijacker, and can infect all the popular web browsers including the Mozila Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. Once this malicious application settles down in the system, you cannot search anything on the web as all your searches will be redirected towards the jss.donetri.net. Besides that, this virus is also used by the hackers as a tool to run commercial advertisements through pop-up ads. Most of these ads are regarding bogus schemes, and fake discounted offers. You cannot detect or remove the jss.donetri.net through any antivirus tool, and it also modify the windows firewall. This vioirus piuts too much load on the system and consumes majority of the system resources which results in degradation in the overall performance of the computer including the speed. This malicious application records the sensitive details such as browsing history, shopping preferences, and credit card information.
The Manual Removal of jss.donetri.net
After knowing the presence of this lethal browser hijacker inside the system, you have to remove it without wasting a single minute. There are both manual as well as automatic options available in this regard. The manual removal of the jss.donetri.net infection is only recommended for the experienced users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can start removing this browser hijacker manually after booting the infected system in the safe mode. In this regard, you are required to use the F8 repeatedly after restarting the computer to to open the boot options menu. Select the safe mode option from the list of and hit the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the “Processes” tab once the task manager window is visible on the screen. Kill the following malicious processes associated with the jss.donetri.net browser hijacker virus and close the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next step of this complicated process is removal of the associated data. Open the system files folder, and get rid of the following files related to the jss.donetri.net:-
- %Desktopdir%\Jss.donetri.net Redirect Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Jss.donetri.net Redirect Virus\Jss.donetri.net Redirect Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last as well as most important step of this whole process is the removal of the corrupt entries created by this infection in the windows registry. Run the “regedit” command through the start menu in order to access the registry editor. Remove the following corrupt entries associated with the jss.donetri.net virus as quickly as possible:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jss.donetri.net Redirect Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jss.donetri.net Redirect Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jss.donetri.net Redirect Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jss.donetri.net Redirect Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jss.donetri.net Redirect Virus\DisplayName Jss.donetri.net Redirect Virus
Close the registry editor before restarting the system in the normal mode, and do not forget to run a complete system scan.