The JS/Redirector.ar is a malicious virus that is categorized as a Trojan virus. This dangerous Trojan infected millions of windows based computers in the different parts of the world during the recent years. It has the ability to download as well as run malicious and badly infected files due to which your system becomes at risk. The main cause of this dangerous Trojan infection is when people perform unsafe browsing, play online games, download freeware, and clicking on the links available on social media. The basic purpose of developing the JS/Redirector.ar is to steal the confidential information of the users which is then used in financial frauds, and cyber crimes. This malicious application has the ability to change the security settings of the systems including disabling the antivirus program. Basically it is a Trojan virus but it also acts as an adware, and run a lot of pop-up ads on the screen of the infected PC.
Manual Removal Method of JS/Redirector.ar
Once it is detected in your computer, you need to remove it quickly in order to protect your data and computer. You can remove this malicious Trojan both ways, either by using an automatic removal tool, or manually. The drawbacks of manual removal methods are same as in any other type of Trojan virus. Following are the instructions for manual removal of JS/Redirector.ar.
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
You have to reboot the infected system in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode. While your computer is in restarting process you have to press F8 key to see the boot options. Once the boot options are visible on the screen of your computer, you have to select safe mode, and press enter.
Delete the Malicious Processes
The next step of manual removal process is ending the associated processes. You have to start task manager window by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Once the task manager is started you have to make a click on the processes tab, and find as well as delete the following malicious processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
The next step of this process is to get rid of the files and folders caused this infection. You have to use the file explorer to locate these files and delete key to remove the following files:-
Delete Registry Entries
After removing the files and folders, the next thing is windows registry. You have to start the windows registry editor to make changes in the registry section. Just click on the start button, and choose the Run option before writing the regedit command in the box. Once the registry editor started you have to navigate to the following entries, and remove them from the list:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\JS/Redirector.ar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\JS/Redirector.ar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\JS/Redirector.ar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\JS/Redirector.ar\DisplayName JS/Redirector.ar
Restart the computer in the normal mode after closing the registry editor to see the effectiveness of the manual removal process.