The Joomiweb is a harmful computer infection that is developed by the cyber crooks to take over the default browser of the targeted system. The Joomiweb is installed as a browser extension that infected thousands of windows based computers regardless of its location. Once installed, the Joomiweb start displaying the pop-up alerts, and fake warning messages. This is a wisely designed scam that is actually developed to trap the innocent users, and take their money away through online frauds. The Joomiweb is classified as an adware, but this is something beyond than just an adware. It modifies most of the default settings in your computer, and make your system extremely slow. This malicious application records your online activity, and steal your private details which is then transferred to the cyber thugs who use it in cyber crimes and financial scams. Besides all of the above mentioned harmful activities, this nasty adware is also responsible for making hazardous changes in the infected machine to make it completely useless.
Removal of Joomiweb
The Joomiweb is a nasty adware infection that can damage your system in many different ways. You have to make some instant moves to get rid of this adware at your earliest. You can remove this virus through an automatic removal tool which is easily available online, and can be used conveniently by the users. Besides that, the manual removal process is also available that is only recommended for the skillful users, and described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The task manager, and registry editor can only be accessed when you boot the computer in the safe mode. Restart the system from the start menu, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to open the boot options menu. Select the Safe Mode option from the list, before striking the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode operation, you have to open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab under the task manager window where you have to find and remove the following associated processes of the Joomiweb:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the associated data of Joomiweb. In this regard, following are the files that you required to delete from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the registry editor by clicking on the Start Menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following suspicious entries associated with the Joomiweb before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Joomiweb\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Joomiweb\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Joomiweb\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Joomiweb\DisplayName Joomiweb
Once all of the above mentioned steps are completed successfully, you have to check the success of this process by restarting the system in the normal mode. Do not forget to run a system scan after updating your antivirus program.