The JoniCoupon is a malicious application categorized as an adware infection that is designed by the hackers to gain the commercial benefits through unethical methods. Once this adware sneaks into the system, it modifies the privacy and security settings in your PC to avoid any detection or removal effort. This malicious application is responsible of displaying countless pop-up ads on the screen to disturb your normal browsing sessions. Most of these pop-up ads are related to the coupon deals, fake security alerts, and third party advertisement. The hackers use this virus as a tool to generate traffic to the affiliate sites to make commissions from the pay per click programs. It is capable of damaging the windows registry, and important system files which results in the improper functioning of your computer. Whenever you try to search something on Google, you will be redirected towards unknown websites. The JoniCoupon is also used by the hackers to access the private information of selected users, and steal their money by using their personal financial details.
Removal of JoniCoupon
The JoniCoupon is a nasty adware program that can cause severe damage to the system if not removed effectively. This malicious application can be removed easily by selecting a reliable automatic removal tool. The manual removal is also possible, yet difficult for the novice users that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
In order to start the manual removal of this nasty adware infection, you need to boot the system in the safe mode. Restart the computer, and access the boot options screen by hitting the F8 key repeatedly. After accessing the boot options screen, you have to select the safe mode by using the arrow keys before pressing the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
By remaining in the safe mode, you have to press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the task manager window, and click on the processes tab to where you can see the list of processes. End the following processes associated with the JoniCoupon before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After getting rid of the associated processes, you have to remove the following associated files of the JoniCoupon from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\JoniCoupon Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\JoniCoupon Ads\JoniCoupon Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The process will be completed once you are able to get rid of the corrupt additions from the windows registry. In this regard, access the registry editor by selecting the Run option in the Start menu, and type Regedit in the box. Delete the following entries after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\JoniCoupon Ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\JoniCoupon Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\JoniCoupon Ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\JoniCoupon Ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\JoniCoupon Ads\DisplayName JoniCoupon Ads
Close the registry editor, restart the computer in the normal mode , and run a complete system scan after completing all the above mentioned steps.