The Jdj.openmace.net Pop-up Ads is a recently developed as well as distributed computer infection that has infected thousands of the windows based systems all over the world. The Jdj.openmace.net Pop-up Ads infection falls under the class of browser hijacker infections, that also has the characteristics of the adware program. It easily modifies the browser settings, and blocks your access towards many websites. Apart from that, it also creates fake registry keys in the windows registry, and disables your antivirus. You are unable to access the system utilities like task manager, and registry editor. Moreover, whenever you try to search something on the web, you will be diverted towards unknown places. It also slows down the speed of the system, and causes frequent system crashes without any reason. This malicious application allows the hackers to access your system, and steal your confidential details.
Removal of Jdj.openmace.net Pop-up Ads
After knowing that the system is compromised to the Jdj.openmace.net Pop-up Ads, you have to take immediate steps to get rid of this virus. This malicious application can be removed automatically as well as manually. Both methods have their own advantages as well as disadvantages, and you have to select according to your strengths. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Reboot the System in The Safe Mode
Reboot the computer in order to access the safe mode, and start the manual removal process. In this regard, restart the PC, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options. Select the safe mode from the list of boot options, and hit the Enter key to access the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you are able to operate the system in the safe mode, you have to open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background. Delete of the following processes as quickly as possible:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of the Jdj.openmace.net Pop-up Ads by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Jdj.openmace.net Pop-up Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Jdj.openmace.net Pop-up Ads\Jdj.openmace.net Pop-up Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to get rid of the associated entries of the Jdj.openmace.net Pop-up Ads virus from the windows registry. In this regard, open the registry editor through Regedit command that you can execute from the Run option of the Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jdj.openmace.net Pop-up Ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jdj.openmace.net Pop-up Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jdj.openmace.net Pop-up Ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jdj.openmace.net Pop-up Ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jdj.openmace.net Pop-up Ads\DisplayName Jdj.openmace.net Pop-up Ads
Restart the system in the normal mode after closing the registry editor to check the success of your efforts, and run a complete system scan to remove any infections caused by this virus.