The jdc.openmace.net is a malicious application that is considered as a browser redirect virus. It present itself as a useful search engine, but actually this is a totally fake website that is designed in various categories to attack the windows based computers all over the world. The jdc.openmace.net can be installed on your system through a number of ways; including visiting the malicious web pages, and downloading programs from unknown sources. The interface of this application looks like a legitimate search engine, but keep in mind that it is supported with extremely dangerous browser hijackers. The hackers use this virus to manipulate the search results, and increase the traffic on some low ranked affiliate websites. Apart from that, it also helps the hackers to track your online activity, and steal the confidential details such as bank account credentials and credit card details.
Removal of jdc.openmace.net
The jdc.openmace.net is a nasty browser redirect virus that is required to be removed effectively as soon as you find its presence in your PC. The automatic removal tools in this regard are extremely effective, and ideal for the novice computer users. On the other hand, the manual removal of the jdc.openmace.net is also possible but only recommended to the experienced users. The steps of the manual removal are described as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is required to boot the infected computer in the safe mode before starting the manual removal process. Restart the computer, and while the system is restarted, strike the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, select the Safe Mode, and strike the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you start using the system in the safe mode, you can proceed to the next step in which you have to find and remove the suspicious processes from the infected computer. In this regard, hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager. Click on the processes tab under the task manager to see the list of processes. Get rid of the following corrupt processes from the system before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to get rid of the following malicious files associated with the jdc.openmace.net by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\ Jdc.openmace.net.lnk
- %Programs%\ Jdc.openmace.net\ Jdc.openmace.net.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to access the registry editor by using the Regedit command that can be Run through Start Menu. After accessing the registry editor, remove the following corrupt entries associated with the Jdc.openmace.net, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Jdc.openmace.net\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Jdc.openmace.net
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Jdc.openmace.net\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Jdc.openmace.net\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Jdc.openmace.net\DisplayName Jdc.openmace.net
Restart the machine in the normal mode to see if the virus is removed successfully or still available, and run a system scan from the main interface of your antivirus program.