The Jcs.drivetickets.net is a malicious adware program that often pop-up on the screen to show the message about updating the Adobe player, but actually this is a trap designed by the hackers for the innocent computer users. This malicious application spreads through spam emails, compromised links, file sharing networks, and unsafe browsing. You must avoid the deceptive advertising strategies, and fake flash player updates to protect your system from this nasty adware program. Once this virus sneaks into the system, you will notice several unwanted changes in your computer. Every time you try to search anything on the web, you will be diverted towards phishing websites.Once installed, it distributes the malicious codes, and corrupts several folders on the system. Besides that, this adware infection is also known as a resource eater that eats a huge portion of your system resources which results in slow browsing speed, and frequent system crashes.
Removal of Jcs.drivetickets.net
After confirming that the system is under attack by the Jcs.drivetickets.net, you have to develop a strategy to get rid of this infection. There are some reliable automatic tools available in this regard, and for the basic level computer users, the automatic method is the ultimate choice. The manual removal of this browser hijacker is also possible. The instructions for the manual removal of this infection are mentioned below:-
Reboot the System in The Safe Mode
First of all, you have to boot your computer in the safe mode after terminating the normal mode. In this regard, you just need to restart the computer, and keep hitting the F8 key while the system is restarted to access the boot options list. Select the safe mode from the list through arrow keys, and hit the Enter key to achieve the safe mode access.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and click on the Processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background of your system. You have to end the following associated processes of the Jcs.drivetickets.net before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After getting rid of the associated processes, you have to open the system files folder, and remove the following files by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\jcs.drivetickets.net pop-up.lnk
- %Programs%\jcs.drivetickets.net pop-up\jcs.drivetickets.net pop-up.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to remove the corrupt and malicious entries from the windows registry. In this regard, open the registry editor through Regedit command that you can execute from the Run option of the Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to delete the following entries related to the Jcs.drivetickets.net:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\jcs.drivetickets.net pop-up\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\jcs.drivetickets.net pop-up
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\jcs.drivetickets.net pop-up\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\jcs.drivetickets.net pop-up\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\jcs.drivetickets.net pop-up\DisplayName jcs.drivetickets.net pop-up
In the end restart the computer in the normal mode to see if the virus is removed successfully, or still available.