The Jck.drivesection.net is a malicious application that is classified as a browser hijacker, but it also has the qualities of the browser hijacker as well as the spyware. It mostly attacks the computer while updating your software from an unknown source, or downloading free applications. It can easily take control of browsers like Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. Once installed, it modifies a number of browser settings, and soon you will find that the home page, search provider, and background is changed without your consent. This malicious application manipulate the search results, and you will be intelligently redirected towards compromised websites. You will also see annoying pop-up messages on the screen of your system in the bulk quantity. It records your browser activity, and connects the system to a remote server managed by the hackers.
Removal of Jck.drivesection.net
The Jck.drivesection.net is a malicious application that should be removed from the system in order to protect your data as well as resources. There are both automatic as well as manual oRemove Jck.drivesection.net?ptions available in this regard. The manual removal is a bit complicated for the novice computer users, and the instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before doing anything else, you have to access the safe mode on the PC. In this regard, restart the computer, and reach the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode after accessing the boot options, and press the Enter button to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You are required to kill the associated processes of this infection. In this regard, open the task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and once you are able to see the task manager, you have to click on the Processes tab where you can easily remove the following corrupt processes one by one: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to remove the following associated files of the Jck.drivesection.net from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Jck.drivesection.net Pop-up Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Jck.drivesection.net Pop-up Ads\Jck.drivesection.net Pop-up Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, do not forget to remove the modifications from the windows registry. You have to access the registry editor to make changes in the windows registry. The registry editor can be accessed by running the RegEdit command from the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following suspicious entries one by one:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jck.drivesection.net Pop-up Ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jck.drivesection.net Pop-up Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jck.drivesection.net Pop-up Ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jck.drivesection.net Pop-up Ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jck.drivesection.net Pop-up Ads\DisplayName Jck.drivesection.net Pop-up Ads
Reboot the system in the normal mode of operation, and run a complete system scan from the main interface of your antivirus application.