The JAVA_BANKER.ZIP is a malicious virus that is developed by the notorious hackers to steal the personal information of the users that includes the credit card details, shopping preferences, browsing history, and passwords. Once installed, the JAVA_BANKER.ZIP immediately creates the startup keys in the windows registry which makes it able to start automatically every time you starts the windows. After sneaking in the windows based computers this dangerous virus spreads in throughout the system files in a way that it is not easy to remove it even with most powerful antivirus programs. Once installed, this malware damages the important system files, and delete your important data files. Besides that, it also creates malicious registry entries in the windows registry. The JAVA_BANKER.ZIP uses the system leaks to open the backdoor for the additional malware, spyware, and parasites. This deadly dangerous virus can disable your current antivirus program and other security tools.
The Manual Removal of JAVA_BANKER.ZIP
When it is confirmed that your system is attacked by the JAVA_BANKER.ZIP, you have to delete this virus completely to protect your system and data. You can delete this virus either by using the manual removal method or any automatic removal tool. The manual removal method is extremely complicated and you cannot understand it unless you are an advance level computer user. The steps involved in the manual removal are as under:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
You have to reboot the infected computer in the safe ode before starting the manual removal process. Use the F8 key while the system reboots to access the boot menu where you can see a number of different booting options. Select the safe mode option and hit enter key.
Kill the Associated Processes
You have to open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and hit the processes tab. Under this tab you can see a list of running processes from which you have to delete the following malicious processes.:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After getting rid of the associated processes, it is the turn of removing the associated data. You have to delete the following suspicious files by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
After removing the files, you have to reverse the modification made by this virus in the windows registry. You have to open the registry editor by executing the regedit command through the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to locate as well as remove the following suspicious entries, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\JAVA_ BANKER.ZIP\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\JAVA_ BANKER.ZIP
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\JAVA_ BANKER.ZIP\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\JAVA_ BANKER.ZIP\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\JAVA_ BANKER.ZIP\DisplayName JAVA_ BANKER.ZIP
Restart the computer to terminate the safe mode, run a complete system scan after updating the antivirus program already installed on your computer to remove the infections caused by this virus.