The Java-safe.com is a dangerous browser hijacker recently designed by the hackers infect the computers that are using windows operating system. The cyber criminals using this virus as an advertising platform to promote certain affiliate sites and products to generate commissions from pay per click programs. This browser hijacker also acts as an adware, and sneaks in the system while clicking on the spam email attachments, doing unsafe browsing, using infected removable devices, and sharing files on p2p networks. Once this application makes it way into the system, it forces users to download a number of unwanted programs that can be harmful to the overall security of your computer. It shows fake alerts of updating the Java browser, but when you click on the update, it automatically downloads unwanted applications. This malicious application also downloads different spyware on the system to track your online activities, and steal your personal information such as credit card details, and bank account credentials. Besides that, you will also notice that the performance of the system is declining every day.
Removal of Java-safe.com
After realizing the presence of the Java-safe.com adware program, you need to remove this notorious adware as soon as possible to minimize the damage. There are automatic removal tools available in this regard that are easy to use, and acts fast. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available that is only recommended for the experienced computer users:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must boot the computer in the safe mode to start the process of manual removal of this adware infection. Restart the system, and press the F8 key repeatedly to get the access of the boot options. Choose the safe mode before pressing the Enter key to start the PC in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step, you have to get rid of the associated processes of this virus from the windows task manager. Open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab to see the list of processes where you have to find as well as remove the following associated processes of the Java-safe.com before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following suspicious files by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to remove the unwanted modifications from the windows registry to complete this process. In this regard, access the registry editor by selecting the Run option in the Start menu, and type Regedit in the box. Remove the following entries once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Java-safe.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Java-safe.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Java-safe.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Java-safe.com\DisplayName Java-safe.com
Reboot the system in the normal mode to see the result of your manual removal efforts. Update your existing antivirus program before running a complete system scan.