The Java-2014down.com is a malicious application that is classified as a horrible browser hijacker that infects thousands of computers in recent weeks. Once this nasty browser hijacker infects the system, it wisely opens the back door for the additional threats by changing the security settings on the system without your permission. You will notice that your web surfing sessions are affecting as every time you try to open a new website, you will be redirected towards unknown places. A number of pop-up ads appear on your screen which is extremely annoying as you are unable to complete your daily routine tasks. Mostly this infection entered in the computer while downloading the pirated movies, software, and games from the unknown sources. This malicious application is responsible for collecting the browsing history, steal the financial information, and destroy the important system files without letting you know. The hackers generate traffic on the low ranked affiliate sites by distributing this nasty browser hijacker, and gain financial benefits through pay per click programs.
Removal of Java-2014down.com
After knowing that the system is compromised to the Java-2014down.com, you have to remove this infection as the top priority to protect your data, and resources. This infection can easily be removed by choosing any reliable automatic removal tool. Besides that, you can also remove this infection manually, by using the instructions mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot start the manual removal process until you cannot access the system in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the PC, and press the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode option from the list of boot options, before striking the Enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next thing you have to do is, get rid of the associated processes of this browser hijacker. Click on the processes tab under the task manager window where you can see the list of processes running in your system. You have to end the following suspicious processes associated with the Java-2014down.com, and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to remove the following suspicious files associated with the Java-2014down.com from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
It is important to delete the corrupt modifications from the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. In this regard, open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through the start menu. After accessing the registry editor, delete the following associated entries of the Java-2014down.com:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Java-2014down.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Java-2014down.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Java-2014down.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Java-2014down.com\DisplayName Java-2014down.com
Close the registry, and reboot the computer in the normal mode to check if the infection is removed successfully. Open the main interface of your existing antivirus, and run a full system scan.