The Jandarma Genel Komutanligi virus is a malicious application categorized as a lethal ransomware infection that sneaks in the windows based computers without the consent of the user. As soon as this virus enters in the system, it modifies the default system settings, and disables your windows firewall along with the security tools to avoid the detection. Like all other ransomware infections, the Jandarma Genel Komutanligi virus blocks your normal desktop, and you are only able to see the message from the hackers in which you are asked to pay 100 Euros or $100 to unlock the PC as you are involved in any illegal activity. This is totally fake message which is actually an effort to trap the innocent users.
The Manual Removal of Jandarma Genel Komutanligi virus
After knowing that the system is victimized by the Jandarma Genel Komutanligi ransomware virus, you must take some solid steps to protect your data privacy along with system resources. You can select any automatic tool to get rid of this infection within a few minutes. Besides that, the manual removal is also possible that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You need to boot the system in the safe mode before following the instructions of manual removal. Restart the system which terminates the normal mode, and use the F8 key to get the options regarding booting. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, Select the Safe Mode option and hit the Enter key to start the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
You are required to open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and hit the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background of your computer. Delete the following malicious processes one by one by using the “End Process” button before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the processes, you have to delete the following associated files of the Jandarma Genel Komutanligi virus from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Jandarma Genel Komutanligi virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Jandarma Genel Komutanligi virus\Jandarma Genel Komutanligi virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor and remove the associated entries of this infection from the windows registry. In this regard, you have to open the star menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Delete the following suspicious entries one by one:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jandarma Genel Komutanligi virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jandarma Genel Komutanligi virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jandarma Genel Komutanligi virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jandarma Genel Komutanligi virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Jandarma Genel Komutanligi virus\DisplayName Jandarma Genel Komutanligi virus
Finally, you have to restart the computer once again but this time in the normal mode. Update your existing antivirus program before running a complete system scan on your machine to remove any of the infected files.