The iWebar is a malicious application that is designed by the cyber crooks to gain the commercial benefits through unethical ways. The hackers use this virus to gain the access of the system, and steal the precious personal information of the targeted users. This malicious application attacks the vulnerable computers while visiting corrupt web pages, playing online games, and videos from un-authenticated sites, and spam emails. Once the iWebar virus sneaks into the system, it starts performing a number annoying activities including browser hijacking. It blocks the executable files to run on the infected system, and modify the default internet settings to gain the full control of your browsing. It has the ability to replicate itself due to which it spreads on the system within short time. This is a serious threat to the overall health and security of your computer as it has the ability to modify the windows registry, remove crucial system files, and altering the security settings of the infected computer.
Removal of iWebar
As soon as you are able to discover the symptoms of this dangerous adware infection on the system, you have to decide which method you are going to use to get rid of the iWebar virus. This infection can be removed through any reliable automatic tool which is the easiest way to delete this adware program. The manual removal is also available which is only recommended for the advanced level users, and detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Reboot the machine to change the mode of operation from normal to safe mode so that you can execute the manual removal commands. Restart the system, and access the boot options screen through F8 key. Select the safe mode, once you are able to see the different options on your screen, and hit the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode on the computer, you have to delete the associated processes of this program. Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab to remove the following associated processes of this virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Delete the following associated files of the iWebar infection from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, do not forget to clean the windows registry by getting rid of the corrupt associated entries of the iWebar virus. Open the start menu, select the Run, and type RegEdit in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following suspicious entries through the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\iWebar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\iWebar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\iWebar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\iWebar\DisplayName iWebar
Close the registry editor, and reboot the system in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the manual removal process. Run a full system scan through any updated antivirus program.