The Isearch.shopathome.com is a malicious application that is developed, and distributed recently to infected the systems using windows operating system. The Isearch.shopathome.com is classified as a browser hijacker that is extremely lethal for your data privacy. The basic purpose of this browser hijacker is purely commercial as the notorious hackers use this infection to run commercial advertisement campaigns, and promote the low ranked websites to earn illegal profits from the pay per click programs. Once installed, it overhauls the browser settings in your PC completely, and you will notice that, your browsing is beyond your control. You will receive the pop-up ads while surfing on the web which is extremely annoying. Once you click on the pop-up ad accidently, or intentionally, you will be redirected towards a phishing website. The hackers also use this browser hijacker to steal your personal information like credit card number, bank account credentials, browsing history, and passwords. You cannot detect or remove this stubborn browser hijacker through normal antivirus application.
Removal of Isearch.shopathome.com
Once this browser hijacker sneaks in the system, you have to remove it quickly as well as effectively in order to minimize the damage. The automatic removal of this browser hijacker is the most popular way to get rid of this infection. The manual removal of this virus has been possible yet extremely complicated, and only recommended for the advanced level users. The steps involved in the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process can be executed once you get the access to the infected system in the safe mode. In this regard, Restart the system, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu. Select the safe mode option from the boot options menu, and press the enter key to access the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window to see the list of processes. Get rid of the following associated processes of this browser hijacker, before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Proceed with the system files folder from the file explorer, and remove the following files by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you are required to remove the modifications created by this virus in the windows registry. Access the registry editor by executing the RegEdit command through the Run option on the Start Menu. When you are able to access the registry editor, remove the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Isearch.shopathome.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Isearch.shopathome.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Isearch.shopathome.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Isearch.shopathome.com\DisplayName Isearch.shopathome.com
Reboot the computer in the normal mode after closing the registry editor, and run a complete system scan through an updated antivirus program.