The Interpol Virus that is also referred as the Europol Interpol Virus is a dangerous ransomware virus. Like all other ransomware applications, the Interpol Virus enters in the system secretly with the help of any powerful Trojan infection and blocks the system completely. You will be asked to pay a huge amount as a fine in order to unlock your computer. The hackers will show that this message is from Interpol, and you are involved in child pornography or any other kind of cyber crime. The innocent computer users pay the amount through their credit card, and resultantly they will not only lose their hard earned money, but they also transfer their personal details such as names, credit card numbers, and emails to these cyber crooks who then use these details in other cyber crimes. You have to keep one thing in mind that, the Interpol or any other official agency never uses such tricks even if you are involved in any kind of illegal activity.
The Manual Removal of Interpol Virus
Once you come to know that this malicious ransomware enters in your PC, you have to remove it without wasting a minute. You can use any automatic removal tool that can delete this virus quickly and conveniently. You can also use the manual removal option to get rid of this infection that consists of the following steps:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the machine, and use the F8 key to open the boot options menu. Select the safe mode and press the Enter key to change the mode of operation from the normal mode to safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Access the task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and hit the processes tab where you can see a list of running processes in your system. You have to find as well as delete the following suspicious processes and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
To remove this ransomware completely, you have to delete the following files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Europol Interpol virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Europol Interpol virus\Europol Interpol virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to delete the corrupt entries in the windows registry by using the registry editor. The registry editor can be accessed by clicking on the start menu, choosing Run, and write “RegEdit” before hitting the enter key. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Europol Interpol virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Europol Interpol virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Europol Interpol virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Europol Interpol virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Europol Interpol virus\DisplayName Europol Interpol virus
Close the registry editor once done with the above mentioned instructions and resume the normal mode of operation by restarting your computer. Do not forget to check the infections caused by this deadly dangerous ransomware by running a complete the system scan after updating the existing antivirus program.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic Interpol Virus removal Tool.
This is most safe and easy method. Download Interpol Virus Removal Tool to automatically remove Interpol Virus.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the Interpol Virus,do submit your comments to get clarified.