The Internetcorkboard.com is one of the most lethal computer infections of the recent times that are categorized as an adware that also acts as a browser hijacker. Once sneaks in the computer secretly, the Internetcorkboard.com redirect all your online searches towards its own domain, and you are unable to perform your normal browsing. This malicious application arrives in the system along with the fee software, or by clicking on the attachments received through the spam emails. The Internetcorkboard.com is an extremely effective tool to detect your browsing habits, and collects the information such as what type of websites you are visiting. These details are used to display targeted pop-up ads that match your interests. Besides showing annoying pop-up ads, this malicious browser hijacker also takes you automatically towards the web pages where you are encouraged to buy certain products. You are unable to consume the system resources as a huge portion of such resources is eaten by the Internetcorkboard.com virus.
The Manual Removal of Internetcorkboard.com
Once you cab confirm the presence of the Internetcorkboard.com adware virus inside your PC, you must remove this infection as quickly as possible to minimize the loss. There is manual removal method available to get rid of the Internetcorkboard.com virus, but it is extremely difficult for the basic level computer users. The instructions for the manual removal method are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Reboot the infected computer to terminate the normal mode of operation, and hold the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarting to access the list of boot options. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, select the safe mode option from the available list and hit the Enter key to reboot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You are required to kill the malicious processes associated with this adware program by accessing the task manager that can be open while pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the processes tab under the task manager window to see the list of the processes running in the background. Delete the following associated processes of the Internetcorkboard.com adware virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder by using the file explorer, and delete the following suspicious files that are associated with the Internetcorkboard.com parasite:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In order to complete the manual removal process you have to open the registry editor by clicking on the Start Menu, select the Run option, and type RegEdit in the box before pressing the OK button. Once the registry editor is accessed, you must remove the following modifications made by this adware program, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internetcorkboard.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internetcorkboard.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internetcorkboard.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internetcorkboard.com\DisplayName Internetcorkboard.com
Check the success of the manual removal process by starting the PC in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan through your antivirus software.