The Internet Security Pro 2013 Rogue Antispyware is a malicious application that present itself as a legitimate anti-spyware software. This malware spreads through p2p sharing, spam emails, downloading freeware, and visiting porn websites. Once installed, this dangerous virus start displaying the security alerts which shows that your computer is at high risk. You are also asked to buy the paid version of this so called anti-spyware program to remove these fake errors from your computer. This is actually a two way trap designed for the innocent computer users, and when you try to buy this software, you not only lose your money, but your important personal information also transferred to the hackers. This information can be used in the cyber crimes and online frauds to steal the money.
The Manual Removal of Internet Security Pro 2013 Rogue Antispyware
When you receive this fake anti-spyware program on your PC, you have to remove this deadly dangerous application quickly from your computer. There are some reliable automatic removal tools available in this regard, but if you like to remove it manually, you have to keep in mind that the manual removal method is complicated. Following are the detailed instructions to get rid of this virus manually:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the computer, and use F8 key to see the boot options where you have to select the safe mode and hit the enter key to reboot the computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
It is important to remove the malicious processes running in the computer and associated with the Internet Security Pro 2013 Rogue Antispyware. You have to access the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and click on the processes tab. Delete the following corrupt processes from the available list and close the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You have to remove the associated data of this malicious application from the system files folder. In this regard, following are some of the suspicious files that are required to be removed :-
- %Desktopdir%\Internet Security Pro virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Internet Security Pro virus\Internet Security Pro virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You also need to remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry. This can be done by accessing the registry editor. The registry editor can be started by executing the “regedit” command through Run option available in the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Security Pro virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Security Pro virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Security Pro virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Security Pro virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Internet Security Pro virus\DisplayName Internet Security Pro virus
Restart the system to see whether the virus is removed successfully or otherwise. Do not forget to run a system scan on your computer with the help of updated version of your antivirus program.